The mission of the Solid Waste Enterprise Fund is to provide for responsible solid waste management, including household and small business garbage, yard waste, recycling and bulk waste collection, the annual “Clean Sweep,” and special event trash pickup.
Solid Waste Operations:
- Manage the Town's solid waste stream, including collection, transportation, disposal, and recycling activities efficiently and at the lowest cost possible.
- Maintain the Town's downtown and historic district, parking lots and public right-of-ways in a clean and litter-free manner.
- Ensure compliance with all governmental guidelines and mandates.
- Inform and educate the public on solid waste collection and disposal methods.
- Promote and encourage increased participation in recycling.
- Collect residential waste, including household and small business garbage, recycling and compost material and safely transport to designated disposal sites.
- Conduct annual "Clean Sweep" and Special Event waste pickup services.
- Monitor contractual services for the solid waste program.
- Continue to improve operating efficiency and cost accounting through the Enterprise Fund.
SOLID WASTE COLLECTION RATES
$21.93/month billed on the properties ONWASA bill.
Cost covers 1 trash container and 1 recycle container.
$36.62/month billed on the properties ONWASA bill.
Note: Commercial establishments must request property review to determine whether they qualify for waste and recycling carts – Residential and Commercial (if qualify) may receive up to 3 carts each, but carts may not be switched out. The fee provides 1 waste cart and 1 recycling cart. The solid waste contract does not provide for citizen/business to get 2 recycling carts in lieu of 1 waste and 1 recycling cart. The fee for additional carts is $21.93 for Residential and $36.62 for Commercial.