The Town of Swansboro has responsibility, within its planning jurisdiction, for enforcing the North Carolina Fire Prevention Code. This code requires that all building occupancies (except one and two-family dwellings) be inspected on a periodic basis.
A fire inspection fee of $100.00 applies for:
- Retail/Office/Others – Every 3 years
- Daycare/Nursing Care/Group Homes – Every year
A fire inspection fee of $200.00 applies for:
- Hotel/Assemblies/Education – Every 3 years
A fire suppression inspection fee of $25.00 applies for:
- High-volume cooking operations such as 24-hour cooking, charbroiling, or wok cooking – Every 3 months
- Low-volume cooking operations such as places of religious worship, season businesses, and senior centers – Yearly
- Cooking operations utilizing solid-fuel burning cooking appliances – Every month
- All other cooking operations – Every 6 months
A late charge of $15.00 will apply for every 30 days or a portion thereof if not paid by the due date.