FAQ Topic: Public Works FAQs

Do we have any community-wide cleanups?

Each Spring we conduct a Clean Sweep Program throughout the Town. Items like appliances and furniture are accepted during this clean up campaign. Watch for details in the Town newsletter or flyers.

Where can I take recyclables on weekends?

There is an Onslow County convenience center located on Swansboro Loop Road, about four miles from Main Street Extension. Their telephone number is (910)326-7376. The hours for the convenience center are Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Times are subject to change at any time, it is recommended to call and … Continued

How do I dispose of yard waste?

The Public Works department offers weekly curbside yard waste removal each Wednesday to Swansboro residents in city limits. Tree limbs up to 6 inches in diameter and 8 feet in length can be placed curbside for collection and they do not have to be bundled and tied. All loose refuse (for example, leaves, grass clippings, … Continued

How does the Town decide when to resurface a street?

The Town uses a detailed comprehensive street assessment completed with the assistance of an engineering firm. Each street within the Town was thoroughly assessed and given a pavement condition rating (PCR). Each year, the Town staff recommends to the Board of Commissioners which street or streets should be resurfaced, based in large part on the … Continued

How do I report a pothole?

If you would like to report a pothole, you may contact the Public Works Department, (910) 326-4428. We try to provide a follow-up response within 24 hours. If a pothole, sinkhole, or another roadway condition appears to be a serious safety issue, please contact the Swansboro Police Department at (910)326-5151.

Close window