Dockwalk Project Request for Proposals (Learn More)

FAQ Topic: Property & housing

What regulations apply within the Historic District?

Projects in the Historic District Please contact Town Hall before you begin any new exterior project as failure to obtain a Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) can result in a zoning violation or double fees. Regulations apply within the Historic District whether your home is considered Contributing or Non-contributing. Additionally, any structural work, trade work (electrical, … Continued

Is my property considered Contributing or Non-contributing?

The National Register of Historic Places contains a list of properties in the Swansboro Historic District and identifies them as either Contributing or Non-Contributing. The list is available by contacting Town Hall or you can locate your property on the Downtown Swansboro Historic Places Map.

How do I pay property taxes?

You can pay in person at: Onslow County Tax Office 234 NW Corridor Boulevard Jacksonville, NC 28540 Phone: 910-989-2200 Or online at

Close window