Archives: FAQs

Who do I contact about a street repair?

Not all streets are maintained by the Town. All streets which have painted lines are maintained by NCDOT. To reach NCDOT Call: 1-877-DOT-4YOU or Visit: If the issue is on a street without painted lines, please call Town Hall at (910)326-4428. Further information on who is responsible for maintenance will be provided.

How do I report a street light issue?

Depending on where the light is located determines which electric company to contact. If it is near your home, then it would most likely be the same electric company you have. There are two companies in the Swansboro area – Duke Energy and Jones Onslow EMC. To contact Duke Energy: Visit: Call: 1-800-452-2777 To … Continued

Does the fire department install car seats?

The Swansboro Fire Department does not install car seats. Please contact the Jacksonville Police Department at 910-455-1472 or the Jacksonville Fire Department at 910-455-8080 to set up an appointment with their certified car seat installation technicians. This is a free service to the public.

Can I legally burn on my property within the Town limits?

The Town of Swansboro has ordinances which allow certain types of burning within the town limits and the White Oak Fire District. Please call the fire station at 910-326-5908 if you have any questions about what you may legally burn.

What kind of fire extinguisher should I buy for my home?

A home fire extinguisher can be a lifesaver. Placed near an exit, in an easy-to-grab spot, it can put out a small fire before the firefighters arrive, or at least suppress the flames while you escape. All household extinguishers are classified A, B, or C (or a combination of these) on the label to indicate … Continued

Where can I get safety tips and information on fire safety?

Fire safety is something we all should make a priority. The Swansboro Fire Department can assist you with fire safety questions or concerns. You can call the station at 910-326-5908 for immediate needs or you can learn about fire safety in the following links.  

How do I schedule an inspection?

To request an inspection please call Town Hall at (910) 326-4428. Inspection requests are typically scheduled on the next business day.

What if my inspection fails?

Any inspections that fail or are not ready when the inspector arrives at the job site will require a reinspection fee per failed trade. The reinspection fee of $60/trade must be paid prior to the re-inspection being scheduled. You can pay reinspection fees online. Once paid you can call Town Hall at (910) 326-4428 to … Continued

When is the Swanfest downtown concert series?

The SwanFest concert series is held each Sunday evening downtown from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm and runs from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend. For more information visit the Seaside Arts Council Website.

Close window